Dream House to limit the environmental impact of construction suggests the use of green roofs and outside walls. In this way it contributes to the reduction of the energy requirements of the building and carbon dioxide emissions.
The green roof is a roof concept that uses Lightweight Earth and the plants, it helps to minimize the effect of heat island in summer, which causes a temperature difference between rural areas and cities up to 6°.
In Germany more than 10% of the roofs is aimed at Green and Berlin as the city takes him on 60% of the costs related to the roofs and the planting of stormwater treatment.
The city of Tokyo claims that every building that occupies more than 929 square meters of land is covered with plants for 20% of its surface.
This type of roof improves the quality of housing and of life, offering a good acoustic insulation and a green oasis.
- Reduces the heat island effect by decreasing the temperature of the city in summer
- Allow a good sunscreen of the roof, through the absorption of sunlight by vegetation and soil
- Filter pollution and reduce carbon dioxide
- Polluted rainwater seeps
- Research results provide that garden roofs with 15 cm thick to absorb 99% about the electromagnetic waves emitted by mobile phone repeaters
- Filters the polluted air by evapotranspiration of water vapor
- Absorption of rainwater sewerage relieving
- Reduces wind speed
- Saving on summer conditioning ( -25%) and winter warming, given by a better thermal insulation of roofs
- Longer life than ordinary rooftops
- Also used for agricultural purposes
- Increase life of waterproofing
- Increasing the value of real estate
Are two types of green roofs: the intensive green roof or roof garden and extensive green roof
Intensive green roof
- Higher weight (400-750 kg/m2)
- Thickness of at least 30 cm
- Garden accessible
- Requires adequate irrigation and maintenance
Extensive green roof
- Lower weight (60-250 kg/m2)
- 5-12 cm thick
- Small size plants that hold the Earth
- Non-accessible garden
- Low-maintenance and irrigation system easier
Intensive roofs can accommodate a radical growth vegetation and horticultural type aircraft, such as grasses, lawns or shrubs.
Given the weight of the slab must be designed according to the type of ground cover type.
For extensive roofs are suitable plants Sedum, with over 600 species, as are low, water accumulating in tissues and endure cold winters and warm summers.
The most common are the Cape Blanc and white Starflower.
The technology also offers possibilities of growing in an urban environment that you could exploit to help feed families of urban centers, reducing the transportation of vegetables from the countryside to urban centres.
In Canada and the United States will begin to experience the ' rooftop farming "or grow fruits and vegetables under glass above the roofs of the buildings
E.g. "Lufa farms" in Montreal has recently begun to sell fruit and vegetables to Kilometro zero planted roofs
The model "Lufa Farms" provide for direct distribution to consumers through a cooperative.
While in Italy, on the occasion of Paratissima 2010, Torino San Salvario district, dozens of families have collaborated on a bio project carried out over an area of about 40 square meters.
This is a demonstration of cohousing where all collaborate to grow vegetables on the roof.
This type of roofs contributes significantly to revitalize the urban ecosystem; the green roof has not only an aesthetic role, but plays important microclimatic features with quantifiable economic impacts.
To see a signed dream house suggestion please click this link
141 days ago
797 days ago
329 days ago
41 days ago
282 days ago